How I pay the bills:

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Home defense Gun Shopping in NY

I decided to make some inquiries today with two local gun shops I spotted close to my home.
Coming from Florida where the laws are so gun friendly to a gun nanny state like New York is such a big adjustment for me.
My home in NY feels naked with out a gun of some sort.  So i decided to arm myself after the possibilty of looters from the events of hurricane Sandy became a possibilty in my eyes.
The first store i visited was LI OUTDOOORSMAN in Rockville center NY. I was not really impressed. Limted options and over priced guns were the order of the day. My inquery for a home defense shotgun yielded none of the norms no Mossberg 500,Maverick 88, Saiga 12 or Remington 870 was available at the time however they did have various 410 shotguns...eeer no.
The guy was real nice though and gave me as much info as he could on what little they had.
Futher up the road was SOUTH SHORE SPORTSMAN INC. These guys had the goods. Wider selection and more customer oriented but prices were still kind of high. The rep quickly gave me a Mossberg 500 to feel out after a safety check (something the other store didnt do ) These guys were a law enforcement supplier however so it stands to reason they would have more guns than the previous store that seemed to be more of a hunting / fishing kinda Cabelas typa deal.
Both reps told me that i could own a shotgun or rifle for home defense in Nassau county with no hassle but a pistol would take about a year to obtain with the proper paper work.
I will keep looking but the second store definately has my attention.



Related Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment